Blog Archive

Saturday, May 2, 2015

I'm baaack

Recently, I re-published my website, http://rockindonkey.com. I don't remember exactly when I let the domain expire, but it was probably six years ago. It feels good to have it back.

I have been planning on doing a podcast with a friend of mine, so I wanted a location to upload the files to. So I figured, why not resurrect my website in the process? Now I have a place for the podcast files, as well as the MP3s of the songs I've been working on.

Believe it or not, I haven't found soundcloud or any of the other services out there satisfying for my needs. I'm not a professional musician. Music is just something I do as a hobby. I like the process of creating something new. And I want to be able to share my music with my friends. And it would feel disingenuous to use some service intended for professional musicians to host my music. Plus, I kind of enjoy the process of designing a website for my stuff.

So, if all goes as planned, sometime in the not-so-distant future, this blog will become active with posts about the podcast. I'm really looking forward to getting underway with it. I figure it will be an opportunity for me to connect with my friend on a regular basis and just BS about whatever happens to be on our minds.

 For the most part, it's going to be about the music we are listening to and I don't even know if we'll develop something entertaining. We may never even find an audience. But that's not why I want to do it. I want to do it because I think it will be a fun undertaking for the both of us.

And if it winds up being a vehicle for some of my guitar riffs to be used as bumper music, all the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment